So you have the chance to get an interview with the recruiter and/or user. What’s next?
Here are some common interview questions during interview.
- Discuss your resume – Prepare your answer in a structured way. Explaining one by one your working experience from previous one to latest one. If you have extensive years of working experience, you can elaborate on information from the last 5 years of working experience that you have.
- Discuss your educational background – Mentioning your university degree should be sufficient.
- Describe yourself, what are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses / area to improve? – Prepare how you will be able to explain on what is your plan to improve this area
- Why are you interested in working for? – Make sure you have done your research on the company and know how to answer this question.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
- What is your achievement? – Be bold yet humble to sell your achievement during your working professional life. Your achievement will differentiate you from the other candidates.
- Are you willing to be relocated?
- Are you willing to travel frequently for the role?
- How did you hear about this position?
- Why should we hire you? – Prepare your selling points on why the company should hire you.
- Would you work holidays/weekends? – Some job role / company will require their employee to work in holidays/weekends
- What are your salary expectation? – Make sure you have done your research on market benchmark for the position that you’re applying for.
- What motivates you?
- What’s your availability?
- What are your career goals?
- What are your hobbies?
- What questions do you have for me? – Show your interest to the company and/or position that you’re applying for?
Hope these helps you to prepare better on your interview.