You have an outstanding cover letter and CV that differentiate your from the rest of candidates. You are confident that you are able to do the job. Now it is time for you to impress them in your job interview. Your body language is one of the important things to secure the job. Interviewer / hiring manager want to see someone who can project confidence and positive attitude.
Here are some tips that you can use to manage your body language during job interview:
- Prepare yourself before entering interview room. Calm yourself down.If possible, find a mirror before the interview and check yourself for good appearance.
- Stand up when greeting your interviewers.
- Give your interviewers a firm handshake and make an eye contact. Smile when appropriate.
- In the interview room, sit up straight and hands on the table. (Make sure no unnecessary body movements during interview. Ex: play with hair, scratching, rub your nose etc)
- During the interview session, projects enthusiasm. For example : smiling when appropriate, nodding, eye contact.
Sufficient preparation is important to nail your interview successfully.
Managing Partner – APG Consult